Monday, February 22, 2010

Copy Philosophy


I was in the office yesterday standing over our copy machines – it’s a big office – and all of a sudden I heard all three copy machines making the most beautiful music. Yes, all three copy machines were copying in sync: one was providing a beat, one was serving as the strings in a symphony, and one was getting funky with its color. I realized that copy machines are like animals. They need to be taken care of, fed paper and ink, and checked on to make sure that they are in good health. They are born in factories, live in offices, and die, are moved to junk heaps or recycled to make new copy machines. Copy machines follow a veritable circle of life!

Where does copy machine leasing fit in to all this, I wondered. Well, copy machine leasing is a little bit different. I mean, I don’t know what happens to a copy machine when the lease is up. Do they take him back to the copy machine center and harvest its parts like organs? Or do they send him to another office, just a quick move from one to the next? Is there a copier heaven? Is there a copier hell? I don’t know. I guess I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment